Lake of the Ozarks Area Info
The Lake of the Ozarks is the Midwest’s premier resort destination, but also an amazing place to call home. Conveniently located in the heart of Missouri, the Lake is well-known for its world-class boating, restaurants, wide variety of lodging, restaurants, state parks and recreational activities to suit all ages and lifestyles.
Fun Facts about the Lake of the Ozarks
- The Lake features more than 1,150 miles of shoreline- more shoreline than the coast of California!
- During its time of construction in the late 1920’s and early 1930’s, The Lake of the Ozarks was one of the largest man-made lakes in the world and largest in the United States.
- The nickname is the “Magic Dragon” due to its serpentine shape
- Most of the shoreline is privately owned
- The deepest part of the Lake is approximately 130 feet deep
- From one end to the other, the Lake of the Ozarks spans 92 miles
- There are approximately 70,000 docks at the Lake (and counting!)
- Each year, an average of 5.4 million visitors come to the lake area. However, 2020 & 2021 were record setting years and surpassed that amount by almost double!